Portage Personnel is committed to protecting your privacy. We value your trust and recognize that maintaining this trust requires we be transparent and accountable in how we treat your personal information.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Portage Personnel Inc. will collect, use and disclose personal information including but not limited to:
- An applicant’s resume as submitted;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Type of position sought;
- Recent employment;
- Salary expectations;
- Date of Birth;
- Customer Credit Card Number;
- Social Insurance Number;
- Security Clearance (level and file number);
- Other related information necessary to assess your suitability for placements.
* Your personal information shall not be used or disclosed for the purpose other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law.
During the course of our commercial activities, we frequently collect, use or disclose personal information for legitimate commercial business purposes. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected. Protecting your privacy means:
- We protect personal information against loss, theft or unauthorized access;
- We limit collection, use, disclosure and retention for identified commercial activities;
- You have control over how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information;
- We protect personal information regardless of the format in which it is held;
The protection of information is provided by the use of password protocols and encryption software to protect personal and other information received. Our software is routinely updated to maximize protection of such information.
To minimize the possibility of using incorrect information when making decisions or disclosing information to third parties, we will attempt to communicate with you should we have reason to believe the information is not accurate or out dated.
Consent and Disclosure
Your personal information shall not be used or disclosed for the purpose other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. Portage Personnel Inc. will keep your information for only as long as needed to fulfill the intended purpose, or for a reasonable time thereafter, or to meet any legal requirements.
- Expressed consent can be verbal or written. Consent may be implied when we can reasonably conclude you have given consent by an action you decide to take. For example, when completing an application for employment, either in person or electronically, it is implied you are giving consent to retain your information for the purposes of considering you for future employment opportunities, adding your profile to our internal database or accounting system.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time, in writing, provided there are no legal requirements to prevent this.
We regularly review our privacy practices for our various activities, and update our policy. Please check this Web site on an ongoing basis for information on our most up to date practices.